When used in coatings paints, silane can play following three roles:
As primer to improve the adhesion between substrate and coating;
Improving the dispersion of pigment or filler in both solvent based coatings and waterborne coatings;
Modifying coating resin to get new functions:
Silane is used as an additive to improve adhesion ability, making the coatings&paints bond to different substrates. Silanes will not only reduces the corrosion and peeling of paint film in wet environment, but also improve the scratch resistance and environmental resistance.
Silane is widely used in acrylic resin, epoxy resin and polyurethane coatings. It is effective in solvent based, high solid and water-based coatings. Silanes can be used not only as primer and additive, but also act as pigment dispersant and adhesive in coatings&paints, firmly combining various inorganic pigments and fillers with matrix resins. As pigment&filler dispersant, they can reduce the viscosity of the coatings&paints, improve the dispersion of the filler, thus improving the the durability and brushing of the coating&paints.
1. This product is widely used in marine coatings, metal coatings, automotive coatings, and industrial anti-corrosive coatings to increase the adhesion and anti-corrosive performance of coatings.
2. This product can improve the adhesion between epoxy resin and substrate, improve the electrical properties of epoxy resin electronic materials, potting materials, and printed circuit boards, especially wet electrical properties.
3. It is mainly used in unsaturated polyester composite materials, which can improve the mechanical properties, electrical properties, and light transmission properties of the composite materials, especially the wet performance of the composite materials.
4. Wetting treatment of glass fiber (with this coupling agent) can improve the wet mechanical strength and electrical properties of the glass fiber reinforced composite material.
5. In the wire and cable industry, this coupling agent is used to treat the clay-filled peroxide-crosslinked EPDM system, which improves the consumption factor and the specific inductance.
6. Copolymerized with vinyl acetate and acrylic acid or methacrylic monomers. These polymers are widely used in coatings, adhesives and sealants to provide excellent adhesion and durability and chemical resistance.
This product is mainly used in the manufacture of chemical-resist and heat-resist coatings, organosilicon solvents and adhesives of precision casting.
When be completely hydrolyzed, it will generate tiny silicon oxide powder which can be used in making fluorescent powder.
Applied to natural stones or other construction materials, it forms a silica-gel like binder (SiO2) that increases the substrate strength. Polymerization of silicone resins for use in paints and other surface modification applications. And it is the intermediate for sol-gel process. Further more, it can improve the performance of other resins and also it is the material for making silicon macromolecular compounds.